Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Major Cable Players bring it In-House?

I've upsold for DirecTV, Dish Network, Comcast, Cablevision, and Charter over the years. Gotten Tivo customers in cable to go to DVR. Gotten analog basic subs to try digital. Gotten digital subs to try HD with their new plasma screen. Etc. Sold extra outlets.

NEVER got sales commision one. NEVER. NEVER EVER. Got paid ONLY for the additional work and THAT was only paid grudgingly with extra work forms and customer signatures and phone call verifications to make sure I didn't do it needlessly, didn't strong arm the customer to make myself some money, etc.

As far as straight commission sales field people go, I've seen them running about as accurate in their door to door work as in-house sales are. $20 a month for Playboy channel as a subscription and not pay per view. Ten free outlets. Free wallfishing. All the stuff that ISN'T happening but we who install are expected to clean up to cover sales' rear ends.

Either way doesn't matter. As long as sales' gets paid a commission regardless of accuracy and truthfulness or even whether or not the job is ultimately done, it won't matter.
This is CABL.com posting #139976. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mKzQ
Posted in reply to: Major Cable Players bring it In-House? by 1CallDoesItAll
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Major Cable Players bring it In-House? bushmaster 12/29/2004 10:13:00 PM