Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Jealousy?The little man syndrome

While on that subject I'd like to touch on another aspect of jealousy I see day in and day out, it's materialistic jealousy, I have aquired a few things through the years and the last thing I need to here is: "It must be nice", now what in the hell is that supposed to mean? When I see a guy with a new truck or a 4 wheeler, boat home and so on I tip my hat to them, you do have your group of rich kids out there that get everything they want basiclly handed to them but this is a very same% in this business, my first thought is that he probably worked his ass off for it or or more often than not, invested what money he has made through the years wisely. I've always found more often than not that the one's who succeed in life work a lot harder than the one's that don't, simple as that and as I stated I tip my hat to them. Case in point, I worked the Macon Ga job, (BE&K) back in 86, well the warehouse man was just this young kid and you know he wasn't making squat compared to the line men splicers and so on, well at first imprestion you'd think he was some rich kid with the nice car, clothes etc but come to find out the kid just worked hard at investing every penny he made, he was in college, paying his own way through and by this he learned the value of a dollar, I had a very rich man tell me some thing one time that always stuck, "If you don't have the brains to manage and invest the money you make to it's full potential, you shouldn't make anything. And if you look at these guys that are always jealous of other peoples achivments financially, it's ussally due to the fact that they lack the discipline to manage what money they make wisely. And when some one says to me or remarks about some one elses "Toys" with, "It must be nice" I just answer, "It is".
it's easyer to ask for forgiveness than permission
This is CABL.com posting #138463. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mKbr
Posted in reply to: Jealousy?The little man syndrome by deleted
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Jealousy?The little man syndrome deleted 11/16/2004 11:09:00 PM
Re: Jealousy?The little man syndrome premiere 11/16/2004 3:35:00 PM
Re: Jealousy?The little man syndrome Midwest Splicing 11/16/2004 1:52:00 PM