Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: VOIP and alarm systems

The problem I was having was the alarm wasn't even trying to dial out. I tested it when I first got there, it was still connected to Bell at that time and tested fine. After I connected it through the MTA, the alarms display said comm. failure. Would not dial out. I connected back to Bell and it worked fine. Back through the MTA and comm. failure again. I talked to several people at ADT (the alarm co) and got several different answers. The last and most direct was that their systems would not work with digital telephone. O.K. simple enough. But this was the 5th alarm I hooked up through and the first four went without a hitch. So I called back and set up a service call with the alarm co. I was thinking maybe it was this particular model. Well, to make a long story short. I met the alarm tech at the house, we both walked in at the same time to see that it was working fine. I spent a good hour picking his brain to try and figure out why it wasn't working at the install. To no avail, I still have no idea as to why.
(confused)
This is CABL.com posting #138359. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mJ9L
Posted in reply to: Re: VOIP and alarm systems by Cable, Eh!
There are 0 replies to this message