Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Just Curious???

I have a story Whitfield. I wasn't going fast, I have always been terrified of speed. This story is more of a "stupid stunt". It was 1989, I was a senior in college and it was time for spring break. (I should probably just stop there since you can already tell it is going to get ugly real fast.) Anyway, two of my good buds and I were trying to think up what we should do. My buddy Jim came from Elijay, Georgia. My buddy Brian was from Arkansas City, Kansas and I came from a Kansas farm. Jim's folks owned a little vacation cabin in Panama City, FL - that's all Brian and I needed to hear! We loaded up after classes and decided to drive straight through to Georgia. I drove Jim's souped up, short bed, raised up old Ford since Jim and Brian had decided to drink the entire way there. Somewhere around Memphis I am screaming trying to wake them up (already passed out) because we found ourselves beside Hank Williams Jr.'s Tour Bus. Of course they come to life and are trying to flag it down-good thing for Hank they didn't stop. We FINALLY get to Georgia, catch a few hours of sleep and then we are out to meet all of Jims hometown folks. Next thing I know someone hands me a bottle of moonshine and it gets blurry from there-HA! Jim convinces us to join him in his favorite pasttime. We pull an old volkswagon up the side of this very big hill (it looked like a mountain at the time). Jim straps the nervous Kansas folks in the seats with seat belts. There was nothing on the inside of the car except two seats and a steering wheel. He said now drive down the mountain and we'll come and get you at the bottom so you can do it again. They push us off and us and our moonshine go scootin' down the mountain side. There are trees EVERYWHERE that we are steering around and we are going way to fast. Guess What? There are no brakes. We are just bouncin' down about to roll this bug over, but laughing hysterically. I could have killed Jim when we finally got that car to stop. Of course all the hometown folks come pulling up just laughing thier butts off. I will never forget it! We did make it to Florida eventually and back home to Kansas all in 4 days. But I haven't told my Mother about the "Moonshine Volkswagon Run" to this day! Now I am just praying that my daughter (12) never pulls the stunts I did! - Wife Of Garrison(usa)
Character is doing the right thing even when no one is watching.
This is CABL.com posting #138204. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mJ7g
Posted in reply to: Just Curious??? by deleted
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Just Curious??? deleted 11/11/2004 1:16:00 PM