Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Missing Weapons

Actually, I said I was "amazed" that it could be viewed from two distinctly differing points of view, and that both sides are clearly galvanized into believing they are 100% correct on that view.

Secondly, the weapons to which the controversy revolves around, were specifically tagged and monitored by the International Atomic Energy Agency. The weapons your quoted article refers to, and shows photographs of, do not bear these tracking tags. If they were removed, then clearly President Hussein's regime would be in further violation of his signed treaty.

If you feel this country went to war without just cause, I again implore you to vote your convictions. If you feel George W. Bush lied or misled the American people to justify this action, same thing. I'm suggesting don't allow a misleading article make up your mind for you. There's enough hard facts that you can see to make your decision one way or the other. I won't list them at the risk of appearing partisan.

Just so it's clear, the root of terrorism is not the teachings of Mullahs, wordings of the Koran or Osama bin Laden himself. The roots of terrorism are oppression and poverty. I've spent much of my adult life in the Middle-East flying in Navy helicopters or running remote airfields out in the desert. There is plenty of oppression and poverty to go around in the region. By eliminating that, you will eliminate terrorism.

What is debatable is the means that we as Americans try to eliminate those factors in the Mid-East. Violent regime change ? Diplomacy ? Refusal to continue to support oppresive regimes/kingdoms like we have for 60+ years ? You decide.

Regardless, you seem firm on your convictions. Vote them.
This is CABL.com posting #137605. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mJXB
Posted in reply to: Re: Missing Weapons by FiberSlasher
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Missing Weapons scarecrow 10/29/2004 11:50:00 PM
Re: Missing Weapons FiberSlasher 10/29/2004 12:06:00 PM