Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: The Good Ole Days

Both Big Duck and Cablemn86 had alot of very good points about the ole days. But Cablemn86, you forgot one important thing. Not only did we, I started in 1975 for U.A. Columbia in Oakland, NJ, work together, drink together and fight together we also f@*ked together. Can you remember a town you went into where the local girls did not swoon over a cable dawg like he was the next Backstreet Boy, Kid Rock, Usher? Remember that it did not matter to them if they partied with one or all of you? When one girl was done with you, at least for that night, she passed you on to her friend? And it didn't even matter if they were married. All they knew was there was fresh meat in town. To feel like I was so cheap, like I was a pass around party pack. God, to be 24 again, I loved it.

And how many dawgs out there even know what "lead ringwork is?" The first system I did teardown in was Montpelier(sp?), VT, in December, 1977. Drove in on 18 inches of new snow. The snow was already piled so high you did not have to put on your hooks, just walk up the snowbank, cut the lead trough phone, cable on one side of the pole, the strand on both sides of the pole and let it fall to the snow {it was a co-op so the phone and cable were in the same ringwork. May have to explain to the "seasoned" dawgs of 5 or 6 years what a co-op is. lol}. And if a grunt could 'hang' rolling up the lead ringwork, not to mention the weather conditions, [most days you waited until it warmed up to -25 below w/ wind chill to go to work], you better teach that boy how to climb real fast cause he was going to make one hell-of-a-dawg.

Damn, Big Duck, now I am going to have to put my hooks back on, drink a beer, start a fight with the old lady just so I can climb her!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the memories.
This is CABL.com posting #137127. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mJPT
Posted in reply to: Re: The Good Ole Days by cablemn86
There is 1 reply to this message