Create your free account now! Sign up

The Good Ole Days

Just thinking back to the good ole days, When your belt and hooks were your best friend. A drill on a coring tool unheard of , if you were framing a pole you popped the hole with a rachett,brace and bit. You worked off a flatbed. Automatic torch, what was that. You learned real quick to wipe your sweat with the back of your hand, kreosoake on your hands on your face ment the outer layer got burnt. When we got to your town there had never been cable there before. We were like heros, made you proud to be the cableman. We were all brothers,had a special commorrodity amoung us. We helped each other not cut one anothers throat. Cry babies and winers didn't last long. When I started for Spliceco in 79 we were paid 350.00 a week plus 40.00 a day per deium, and motel was covered. You had to hit a minum of 16 sticks a day on a dual cube system , that was 32 taps a day, if you couldn't hang ,they didn't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out. This industry has changed alot , buckett babies everwhere. I'm 47 yrs old and still hooking sticks. I'm for reforming things back to when men took pride in their work as it was your signature. I'm funny about work I don't leave any clean up. I like being paid to do the job correctly the first time. If I have to come back to fix something that was not done,Im getting paid for that second trip, because sometimes the prints are wrong and things have to be redesigned to make them fly. I keep alot of truck stock anyone that knows me is aware of that fact. If I have to stop and run back to the warehouse I'm costing me. I like money, forward productin. I'm working on a story of how a company can run from a to z, when I'm done I'll post it. I'm like this I remember training a man in Ohio after teaching the man my way, I come up to him on the job to find him doing things another way. I asked him why he had changed my way was the fastest,he said everbody does things different. I said to him its like this dumbas. If someone on any job out cuts or out hangs me I'm gonna follow him down the street to see what he does different so I can do it his way. Again I'll say I like money. Later All,
"WHITFIELD"(usa)(sunny)
I'd rather live my life believeing there is God and die to find out their isn't . Than to live my life as if their wasn't God and die to find out there is ! WHITFIELD
This is CABL.com posting #136907. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mJMl
There are 6 replies to this message
Re: The Good Ole Days guerillasplicer 10/18/2004 5:27:00 PM
Re: The Good Ole Days SCcabledude 10/18/2004 4:46:00 AM
Re: The Good Ole Days WCS-LLC 10/13/2004 5:03:00 AM
Re: The Good Ole Days semper fi cable guy 10/12/2004 5:55:00 PM
Re: The Good Ole Days mdudirector 10/12/2004 4:36:00 PM
Re: The Good Ole Days cablemn86 10/12/2004 1:12:00 PM