Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: A Union Of Contractors/ Not A Union

you make some very good points dave. The first thing that needs to happen is some type of regulation on who can be working on these poles. because we all know every prime will be filling the slots with greenhorns. everybody who gets involved will break because any other way it will take everybody going broke and i dont see very many people willing to do that.
this has been discussed many times and im affraid as usual
most of the folks complaining will jump at the first chump change the msos throw at em. and they(MSOS) would do it just to split the contractors up. before you try to strike or get people to shut down we need to get somebody to look at this industry and put some standards down. hell your supposed to be certified to be a flagger yet any fool can be in the bucket.
joining together in my opinion as a union of contractors is the way it needs to go and soon. this is the time for a change.
everybody in here knows a lot of contractors. start calling the people you know and find out if this is something that everybody agrees upon. lets see some more posts here.
so far i see maybe 10 or 15 people talking. gonna take a lot more than that. but ill tell you im in reguardless. im sick of the way things are going at at this point blackball me because if it stays the same then im outta here anyway. anybody that wants to stay in this industry just because they love it and will accept the constant drop in prices and raise in expectations well yall can have it. i started working on the road many years ago to try to provide a better life for my family. used to be pretty good but
as things are going im living no better than i was when i worked inhouse. guys grouping together should have happened awhile back but nobody had the guts to follow thru. how many guys do you know that have contracts in hand, guys working today that are going to be willing to park the trucks and stop production?
and then whats to stop them from simply hiring manpower employees to fill the trucks.
there has to be regulation on who can do the work. this industry is a dangerous industry for the inexperienced and people are going to get hurt a lot more often.
I know that every good contractor out there has seen it going down and down for years. we have all been fooling ourselves thinking it will pick back up. well this isnt the 80s. its just going to get worse and worse. if the people in this industry want it to change we are going to have to make it change.
I dont have any money but im in with whatever i can do. even if its just driving a truck for a living.
i hope for all of our sakes that everybody is as fed up as i am. its basically now or never people. take what they give you and shut up or speak up and do something. the first thing there going to do is throw a little chump change at a few people to break up the ranks and i hope that the greed dont kill the plan but we will see.
i wish us all luck because i love what i do and hope i can continue. but not for free and not just for me. either its a industry change for us all or im outta here while im still young enough for a change.
GOOD LUCK. let me know how to help.
call your congressmen. start asking questions and open some eyes. hell dave run for office. ya got my vote. (ninja)
im ready for a battle how about yall
This is CABL.com posting #136305. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mJCD
Posted in reply to: Re: A Union Of Contractors/ Not A Union by sprdave
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: A Union Of Contractors/ Not A Union sprdave 9/28/2004 1:36:00 PM
Re: A Union Of Contractors/ Not A Union DONE RIGHT 9/28/2004 11:52:00 AM