Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: help with 870 S/A inputs

Hey Vic my friend!(bigsmile) I guess you guys just mis-understood me...of course I am aware that the plant must be gotton up however possible...I also realize we do what is necessary even if it isn't right...HOWEVER, on a retro/rebuild, not everything is screwed up...This playing with output pads under NORMAL (I know-what the hell is he yapping about-cable certainly IS NOT normal) circumstances, meaning splice/activate from node to EOL, the output pads do not need, and should not be changed. Period. Just because you have good levels does not really mean alot when it comes to PQ...If somebody pads an amp too low, and then compensates for the low output by changing the output pads, he is amplifying crap. Plain and simple.

I have no clue where the AC comment came from... Wow... From WAY out in left field I imagine... The pad has nothing in the world to do with AC in/out...

All I am trying to say is to leave the output pads alone, stuff the I/S to the system specs, and regulate everything by the input pad/eq. If output levels cannot be made using ONLY the inputs, there is trouple upstream somewhere... Thats all... (usa)
Dogs aren't our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
This is CABL.com posting #133120. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mINg
Posted in reply to: Re: help with 870 S/A inputs by Victor
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: help with 870 S/A inputs general lockjaw 7/25/2004 9:44:00 PM