Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Return noise

That carrier you saw the, CW carrier, is probably one of our digital boxes (motorola) talking back at 11MHz. I have never seen the tall spikes, which is probably a digital boxes return signal, that look like a CW carrier until now. This problem, as I said would happen, has disappeared.

The spikes we are seeing is something that is totally new, it was not visible in the return spectrum before now. Now the modems signature replication I have seen about 3 times. But it will always disappear after about 1 day and not return for 3 to 4 months.

It appears to be some kind of beat or second order of our modems return carriers. If you notice, in the picture, the signature of the modems is replicated at spacings of about 10 MHz.

This problem really bugs me, because it will only last for such a short time, usually late evening til morning time and will disappear. The nodes return will be clean. It is more than likely something in the plant that is causing it but I cannot track it down, due to access problems in wee hours of the morning in a high end demographics area.

If I ever figure out what it is I might write a book about it and become a millionare....lol
This is CABL.com posting #133064. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mIMm
Posted in reply to: Re: Return noise by RF2Lite2RF
There are 0 replies to this message