Create your free account now! Sign up

Cisco uBR 7200 RF problems

Does anyone know what would make a CMTS read 10 db lower than an injected carrier?

Scenario))) I inject a constant carrier from the node in the field back to the headend, after setting my attenuation correctly at the node. My headend tech will then set all the attenuation in the headend according to my injected constant carrier to attain 0 db at the uBR port. My modems carriers should be at the same amplitude as my constant carrier injected at the node, but for some reason you can see them coming back approx. 10 db lower in comparison to my injected carrier. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I have seen it now about 3 times but have never got an answer. Eventually it seems the problem will go away. It is as though the CMTS is telling the modems to transmit at a lower level. We can run a diagnostic on a modem at the node in the field and it will be locking 10 db lower than what it was set up for, and you can see the modems carriers coming back 10 db lower in the headend. Is this some kind of software problem or hardware?...... Thanks to anyone who can help....
This is CABL.com posting #132601. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mIET
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Cisco uBR 7200 RF problems RF2Lite2RF 7/12/2004 7:12:00 PM