Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: It's only going to get worse..

Well gentlemen, I have read all of the posts and I couldn't agree more. I cut my teeth with TCI in Seattle back in 88 while on active duty. Upon discharge from the Army, I started contracting and have been ever since. Things are bleak right now and I don't see any real long term improvement down the road. I am in management with a Mom and Pop outfit along the coast of SC, and the MSO here is probably one of the most vicious I have ever had the pleasure to be around. I too am looking for a way out, but taking my time doing so.

I have seen many techs come and go over the years, it takes a special breed of person to deliver what is expected of you and I'm afraid that we are just about extinct. I bend over backwards for my guys and will continue to do so but I have no intention on hiring anyone else for this system. I will hang on to who I have until it's all said and done. There are some employers who do appreciate and will reward quality individuals who possess the intestinal fortitude to see a job well done. Unfortunately, it's not the large corporations who are driven by their bottom line. And that is where the contract industry is headed.

The only survivors in this war will be those companies with lots of contracts who can profit from mere volume alone. The rest of us will be thrown to the wayside should we refuse to give up our individuality to become just another number.

When the time comes, I too am out...for good. For those who feel they can weather this storm, good luck to you. For the techs who have truly given it their all and have come to the same decision as I, then Godspeed.
This is CABL.com posting #132452. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mICu
Posted in reply to: Re: It's only going to get worse.. by Splicer Life 4me
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: It's only going to get worse.. opticaldude 7/9/2004 10:10:00 PM
Re: It's only going to get worse.. jprh 7/9/2004 6:49:00 AM