Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Interference on TV

The problem you are working on can be a fun one to try to fix. And I see you have gotten allot of good replies. I have seen any thing from fish tank heaters to refrigerators other TV's and more cause this problem.

The first thing I do when trouble shooting a hum problem is to make sure I do not have a difference in potential with grounding from the power at the house to the cable. This can be accomplished by removing the drop from the tap (with hot gloves on, this is a stray voltage problem) and test with a volt meter from the outside of the f fitting to the strand.

If you get a voltage reading ( I have seen as high as 100 vac) then the power from the house dose not have a good ground and any stray voltage from a short will be running thought your cable drop. This is why we common bond at the pole and the house. A grounding problem at the house is a power company or electrician issue.

If you are ok at the tap 0 vac then you will need to be a bit of a detective, Is the hum always there? if so it is by something that is always powered on. If not it is from something powered intermittent. The customer will be your biggest help finding an intermittent hum by paying attention to what comes on when the hum occurs.

Also make sure it is only this customer with a problem a bad power supply in a tap or le can cause the same problem, It can be intermittent as well.
This is CABL.com posting #131917. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mItR
Posted in reply to: Interference on TV by copperjockey
There are 0 replies to this message