Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: My predictions are getting closer for MasTec

Ok lets be honest and get a few things straight. MasTec is a fortune 1000 company that means that they do over 1 billion in business each year, They build thousands of miles of cable plant as well as telephone and power. They install hundreds of thousands of cable customers with broadband and high speed internet not to mention the satellite and telephone installs. As you can see this requires thousands of employees and thousands of subcontractors nation wide.
As with any company some times not always the best employee or subcontractor is hired for a particular job. This results in allot of the crying we see on the bar.
Many times subcontractors are not paid what they think they are owed for several resins, They fail to fill out and turn in there dailies, asbuilts, material usage forms, and so on so the prime contractor can not process the paperwork for billing as the cable company holds them accountable for every t being crossed and every i doted.
It may also be a result of false billing or bad workmanship or damages to someone's property. Many times the work has to be completed or re done by another contractor and the original contractor is backcharged for the sub standard work.
It can also be because the prime contractor has an employee how is dishonest with the sub and others.
You don't get to be the size of company MasTec is and be around as long as they have by being a dishonest company, You do however from time to time get some dishonest employees.
This is easy to resolve if this is the problem, You simply go to there corp. web site and find out who the department heads are and make contact with them to get your issue resolved. If they wont resolve it and you still feel you are right you can take a legal course of action.
So when I see people bitching and moaning on here where it dose no good rather than following the proper channels and course of action it tells me one of two things, 1 you are a complete idiot about business and have no right being in business or You have contacted the proper people and they turned you away for what they feel is a good cause and now lawyer will take your case because they feel the company is right.

Now don't get me wrong I think it is good to get on here and let others know about problems you have had to try to prevent this from happening to others. What I am saying is that you should not let the Bar be the end all for all your answers, Check the company out through there credit history and better business burrows. And request references from your prime contractor, they request them from you don't they.

Having been in this business for over 20 years I know many of you out here on the bar, Some of you have just claims, And some of you are the scum that make this industry bad. If a guy is on here bitching all day instead of working there must be a resin why he cant get a job.

So like I say take the info here as a small portion of information in your decision making but get off your a$$ and do some checking into the company on your owned.
This is CABL.com posting #131097. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mIgD
Posted in reply to: My predictions are getting closer for MasTec by Clint Eastwood
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: My predictions are getting closer for MasTec Clint Eastwood 5/19/2004 9:37:00 PM