Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Cable vs. Sat.

I've been around long enough to see the cable tv industry go from a 12 channel, basic local stations, (heck the weather channel was a camera spanning a board with gauges) and back then Satellite tv was only known to the HAM operators, a few wealthy one and the military.
Both Cable and Satellite have grown unbelieveably!
Neither with fade aways easily.
As one of the dawgs replied that he goes to homes with a couple satellites on the roof already and installs another. Happens all the time around here.
People moving in and out will continue. This country is growing at a high rate. Cable will continue to grow into something new and improved and so with satellite.
Who really knows what the near future holds!
Hell, who knew that we would build a "satellite for sending television stations and everything else that has a frequency out 22,300 miles onto a geostationary orbit called Clarks belt????
When Mr. Clark told them his idea for this back in the 40'z? They blew him off as a crazy!
Hmmmmm?????
Believe me people, the world of Cable & Satellite is not over by a long shot! (beerchug)
Mark A. Pickrell A Brother of the "Truth"! "Learn to Accept me or Learn to Ignore me"!
This is CABL.com posting #128901. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mHHd
Posted in reply to: Cable vs. Sat. by capt. buck
There is 1 reply to this message
But it's just not profitable anymore CATV Philosopher 3/23/2004 1:13:00 AM