Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: The way it is

I'm not as old as some of you older cable dogs out there but i do know a little bit being in the biz for about 5+ years. I have no idea where cable is going to go next. I mean there's High Speed Data, Digital, Telephony already in existance. There's something new always going to come out and i believe cable and sat will be right behind as fast as they can. Sat does offer cheaper programming and little to nill plant maintenance, but like someone said earlier, it's going to come down to customer service. I know where i'm at in OH that we offer great customer service with HSD, Digital, and Analog services. Sat companies around here don't seem to really care about CS. They slap a dish up and move on to the next install. I've had subs come to me after they've had dish say that sat wouldn't come out and re-align the dish or clip up the line that's sagging. Those are just some examples of what subs from sat say up here. It might not be the same in other areas or slighlty different. I also know that there are some cable install hack jobs out there as well. No one is perfect.

Like what was said before i also believe that it will come down to customer service in the long run.
This is CABL.com posting #128885. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mHGX
Posted in reply to: The way it is by nrb1
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: The way it is tdub 3/22/2004 7:03:00 PM