Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Operational Gain For Return

A prime example why for the last 15 years, I've had problems with my returns. The difference is that you get confused between what the real level is between a CM - 2 MHz channel and the level being discussed for the 4 Mhz channel which is the true reference.

In todays networks, minus the use of equlized taps, you would not see a 32 or 29 value tap, and only a 26 value on LE's. You still have to satisfy the return requirements and forward requirement without overdriving or cheating either. I could discuss micro arching and a good reason to limit return loss.
There is more questions that needs to be asked. Drop modeling of a standard 100' drop for 2 outlets comes to about 48dB (NIU, 2-way splitter, DC for CM and 50' of internal wire for a total of 150') at the port.
Let's use 45 dB at the tap port as max level, minus a 26 tap = 19dB - 2 dB interal amp loss = 17 dB at hybrid. By using 15 dB as your spec, you are within your window and the CMTS will adjust the CM to still it the CMTS at 0 dBmV
This is CABL.com posting #127332. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mHhU
Posted in reply to: Re: Operational Gain For Return by Joe50
There are 0 replies to this message