Create your free account now! Sign up

Running a new harness to the bucket on a Versalift

I have an older Versalift 28 telescopic lift and I just encoutered a problem with my hot lead that runs to the bucket. I troubleshot it and found it had lost continuity. While swapping it to a free lead, I found that two other wires no longer had continuity either.

I imagine I have an area where the harness has worn through or is getting pinched - it did not pop the fuse, just stopped working - no intermittent problems.

Do you think it would be better to repair it? Anyone familiar enough with this to point me to a "trouble spot"?

I have considered runnning a whole new harness... any idea how much they are? Do I have to get it from Versalift? I noticed that there is two seperate lines - the 120V line (abandoned) and the (I think it is 10) wire cord to operate the bucket.

And the big one... can I do it myself? I consider my mechanical ability pretty high. I travel with a load of tools so I am ready for just about anything.

Anyone know of a good service center in Northern CA or Reno area?

Thanks in advance,

Vic
you need to have enough wisdom to keep from making the wrong decisions but enough courage to make the right ones
This is CABL.com posting #125722. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mGRW
There are 5 replies to this message
Thank you everbody!! Victor 2/5/2004 11:12:00 AM
Re: Running a new harness to the bucket on a Versa NorthernLightsComm 1/31/2004 9:15:00 AM