Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Atlantic Engineering

I went to Bristol, Va. for a FTTH project they had going up there last year. I only spent a few days on the project but they seemed to have a decent management crew working there. I would have loved to have been able to work longer for them, but baby got thrown out with the bathwater as I was a sub under another sub and they got thrown out, which meant I had to go too. I tried to get my company hooked up with their corporate guy, a Bubba Pittman (former Charter). He was a real jerk, told me a bald-faced lie about his hiring practices and I was done after that. I spoke to the Owner a few days later and he was equally a jerk, but I have been known to be a jerk at times too so take that for what it's worth. I know they were under a lot of stress meeting the daily numbers that the customer wanted, so that could have been some of the rub too. As for the work, what I saw was pretty good, but that is attributable to the Contractor's that installed the system as well as the oversight from AE's management. They seem to have a hook-up somewhere that gets them the work, and they have other projects either in the works or in progress (Dalton, Georgia I think). The project I went to was being done for BVU (Bristol Virginian Utilities). You might contact them and ask what their experience was.
This is CABL.com posting #125154. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mGIM
Posted in reply to: Atlantic Engineering by ROCKPENNY
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Atlantic Engineering Gary Vest 1/13/2004 5:23:00 AM