Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Cordless Drill - NEVER CRAFTSMAN!!

I have 6 18 Volt models, four are the old kind with an all plastic chuck, 1 is a newer model with a ratcheting all metal, and one is the brand new kind with three speeds and an all metal chuck.

As far as changing, when I just had one drill, I would change between coring tools and bits to build parts over a hundred times in a day...

I think the newest chucks are a much needed improvement over the old kind. Now, you can buy a new drill with three speeds and it may still have the ****ty plastic chuck. I have even seen a ratcheting plastic one...

If you are not familiar with the ratcheting chuck, they will click like 4 or 5 times as you tighten them. This locks the chuck in place really well. The only time I have problems is when the bit starts a little cocked to begin with.

My tapper has a new 14.4V and I have used it on it few easement amps. I was really impressed with it.

If you bought yours at Home desperate, you could probably take it back... they are usually pretty good with returns.

Hope this helps,

-Vic
you need to have enough wisdom to keep from making the wrong decisions but enough courage to make the right ones
This is CABL.com posting #124364. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mGv2
Posted in reply to: Re: Cordless Drill - NEVER CRAFTSMAN!! by J.C.OFCSS
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Cordless Drill - NEVER CRAFTSMAN!! J.C.OFCSS 12/14/2003 8:38:00 AM