Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Finding noise/ingress with SDA-500

set up your meter with a 10 to 50 mhz span, whatever works for you, turn on your internal amp, diplex filter is optionable, you can rotate with you per divisions. if your good at 2db per divisin you can see impulse however know what your looking for so your not chasing nothing, its best to have somebody looking at the hp when you start to compare to your stealth. i have used the stealth for a long time chasing noise, works wonderful for what it is, its not an hp, but you can do ingress with it.
as for the noise spectrum on your sweep, it works great if your the only one on the reverse rec, (hrv) otherwise its useless.
that spectrum shows everything hitting the hrv.
you can pull up a spectrum shot after sweeping an amp, it will show you what the reverse looks like, it may be an elevated noise floor, but it will give you an idea what your going to be chasing after you have swept, i try to do this on a normal basis.
takes 5 seconds and many many times ive known just where to go to resolve issues. there is a lot to it and im not going to sit here all day, i can see bills point on the fact that you are running an sda 5000 and you should know all this however there are so many people sweeping today that it dont even matter, sweep is just a joke anyway so rock on brother.
This is CABL.com posting #123474. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mGhG
Posted in reply to: Finding noise/ingress with SDA-500 by Cablebeav
There are 0 replies to this message