Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: C H A R T E R Employees In Madison Wisconsin

Although I feel your pain, The facts arent as gloomy as they may seem. first of all, Charter has 18 billion in debt, with 620 million in convertible bonds due in 2005.

Bonds are easily paid by selling them at a higher premium when they mature and thereby extending the debt with interest.

Secondly, as part of a restructuring of cash flow, expect to see many systems being sold that dont fit in with thier geographical supersystems. This could include Madison, and as a buyer, I would want poor service and declining sales in order to turn a profit. not that im saying that Charter is doing this on purpose, it just makes the system easier to sell.

Lastly, Charter is in the process of rebuilding systems to make ready the new technologies but can only do so much so fast. its called return on investment. Directv and dish may steal subs, but ultimately they will return once Cables product technology catches up & surpasses that of sattelite. aside from tech, expect sattelite to start paying for use of the broadband spectrum that now inhibits cable companies from being more competetive.

That said, I believe cable is the way to go and expect to see lots of changes that will one day bring glory back to working in-house & contracting.
This is CABL.com posting #123107. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mGbL
Posted in reply to: Re: C H A R T E R Employees In Madison Wisconsin by smadaus
There is 1 reply to this message