Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Basic question

This problem only occurs when I am fast forwarding or rewinding a recorded program.

Otherwise, I have not noticed any degredation in picture quality, nor any skipping when watching live TV.

I have had the unit replaced 3 times so far for this problem and opened 3 shrink wrapped units each time, all of which have exibited this behavior.

The cable company told me if it happens again, it's a problem on my end. I dispute this. As such, I called a cable engineer to my home to give me all my levels etc so I could get a friend who helps me find out if they were lying to me or telling the truth when they said the fault, they believe, lies in the fact that I am using a cable splitter to connect my line.

I do this to run 1 line directly into my PC's TV tuner card, and the other line directly into my DVR unit.

If it matters, the unit is a Scientific Atlanta? 40 hour model.

I'm having them come back this weekend to give me specific levels of - everything - outside.

Then, I plan on turning them into my friend for a "real" explanation of what's up, as I suspect them to be telling me incorrect information.

What's everyone's take on this? Could using a splitter cause this to happen? I plan on hooking it direct for awhile to eliminate this factor, just as a test.

Your thoughts and opinions are all welcomed. Thanks
This is CABL.com posting #118587. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mE0R
Posted in reply to: Re: Basic question by 200motels
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Basic question CLUMSOMETOO 9/19/2003 8:15:00 PM