Create your free account now! Sign up

New to Installations , Need good Info

Hello , I am a new subcontractor installer for a local North Carolina company . I learned all about installing cable via a 3 day crash course from a buddy of mine who has been doing this for 4 yrs or more and even though he has tought me well and showed me all the ropes there is still alot i dont quiet grasp yet . I dont have any kind of meters and as far as tools go i own a truck , ladder , terminator tool for each kind of terminator , a rg6 thru inhouse snap and seal tool , a sleeve tool and some cutters , screwdrivers , and drill with paddle bits and NO I REPEAT NO MASONARY BITS,lol . So my question is this ...is there anywhere on the web that anyone could refer me too to learn more about the ins and outs of cable installation , especially about all of this hds ,sds and all of the other abreviated ds'es and bs'es you guys talk about here ? I am only looking for good knowledge and reasonable technological working fundamentals of my job , can anyone help me ....PLEASE .?
(torch)(confused)
This is CABL.com posting #116825. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mEyr
There are 6 replies to this message
Re: New to Installations , Need good Info johned 9/7/2003 5:46:00 AM
Re: New to Installations , Need good Info ServiceQuest 9/6/2003 4:34:00 AM
Re: New to Installations , Need good Info Cable, Eh! 9/5/2003 12:05:00 AM
Re: New to Installations , Need good Info Cabledouche 9/1/2003 5:39:00 AM
Re: New to Installations , Need good Info SCcabledude 9/1/2003 12:45:00 AM
Re: New to Installations , Need good Info PremierCommunications 8/31/2003 2:51:00 PM