Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Mastec

Couldn't agree with you more. My company has contracted with MasTec (off and on.... unfortunately) since Jan. of 2001. We have submitted a total of 67 invoices and have had problems with......one. A computer error (ours) came up 122' short of the actual footage....less than $ 1.00....in our favor. We were contacted within 3 days of their receipt of the invoice and advised that we had to make the correction and RESUBMIT the invoice ASAP. We did so and the check was here within the 30 day window (actually, it arrived FedEx 27 days after submittal). Now I know how much you guys like paperwork and structured procedures, but in these days of Enron and Tyco and the Rigas', I think MasTec pretty much has their poop together.... at least on the corporate side.

Our last project in Gloucester Co., VA ended on May 15th. It is the first job we've done for MasTec where retainage was held on us ( we do quality control and asbuilt verification and correction services and have virtually NO exposure liability at all). When I questioned the need for retainage (they do hold 30 days worth of invoices, after all) their standardized subcontractor policy was explained in-depth and thoroughly. And while I've got a problem with no cap on retainage (they're working on that according to Ms. X....sorry, I can still get through....not going to swamp her switchboard), you go with the program to get the work. I called Ms. X at corporate last week to see if I could get a handle on when that retainage might be released. She was on vacation so I was transferred to the voicemail of the gal who was handling the situation in her absence. Within 2 hours, I had a voicemail on my machine explaining that that project had been closed out, my retainage invoice was "in the pile" and that I should have it within a week or two. So, you see, I really can't relate to these supposed problems you folks are having with MasTec. Maybe it is a local office problem. If you're subbing from a sub of MasTec's, maybe that's where the problem lies. If you're dealing with another division other than the Broadband division out of Ft. Meyers (as appears to be the case with TDM.llc) maybe that's the problem. Maybe you need to revisit YOUR reporting and invoicing procedures. Or, maybe you just pi**ed somebody off with your aqrrogant "I'm right, you're wrong" attitude and have been placed on permanent ignore. To me it's just plain stupid to slam a large, reputable company when you just might have to cross that bridge sometime in the future. Then again, I'm an old timer. Some of you folks think a little different these days.
This is CABL.com posting #112534. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mDre
Posted in reply to: Re: Mastec by Talan Communications
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Mastec tiredofcabletoo 7/20/2003 7:59:00 PM
Re: Mastec TDM.llc 7/18/2003 11:07:00 PM