Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Tools

I have used several different brand names of cordless drills. As far as feeder, pretty much any decent drill will do. But as stated above, if you're going to do any trunk you need some cajones. I have seen drills go side by side (literally) and the Dewalt 18volt seemed to be the best. I have a lot of drills and cored with an 18 volt Ryobi for a long time. It seemed to be about equal to a 14 volt Dewalt. As far as the Milwaukee mentioned in another post, I have never used a cordless model. I did use several sizes of the corded models when I worked for an electrician and I feel Milwaukee makes a great product.
Just stay away from any of the "off priced" bargains. In plain English, they suck. They maybe ok for Joe HomeOwner to hang his blinds but they'll leave you stranded by your fifth location.

Also something to think about with tools, if your truck does not have ac power already (generator or inverter) you should get something. I have several of those small inverters and they work great. Wal-Mart sells them and they are the best priced. I use a 300 watt in my Astro Van (underground splicing) and have a 700 watt in my personal truck just for kicks. The models Wal-Mart sells are very reasonably priced for what they do. The brand name on all of my inverters is Vector.
There is two cents from a 6 year newbie.(bigsmile)
This is CABL.com posting #110788. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mCY4
Posted in reply to: Re: Tools by rdrner
There are 0 replies to this message