Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Need info from (real) old timers

I guess I have to add my two cents worth here. As everyone before me stated there is or use to be cycle with the old systems and the reason for that was the old equipment had only about a 10 year life span as well as did some of the cables. The older systems were built to meet the city specs at the time. Is there a future in cable TV? I would have to ask, are all the towns completely rebuilt? There is always work out there but I think the boom we've all seen may be a thing of the past. With the major MSO's running scared they might be audited by the goverment for misleading investors it could be some time before any major money is dumped into this industry again. Systems will always need work and if you can be counted on and not a fly-by-night contractor then you'll always find work. It might not pay like it use to because there is always someone willing to do it cheaper. I tell my customers they may do it cheaper but can they do it better and can you count on them when you need them? Yes I think there is a future in cable and I think you'll find the next boom in South America, Africa and Asia. That's my 2 cents worth.
This is CABL.com posting #108098. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mChG
Posted in reply to: Need info from (real) old timers by CABLE PHILOSOPHER
There are 0 replies to this message