Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Need info from (real) old timers

I saw this happen back in 89-90, everything that needed to get built was built, I've been in this racket since 6-80, the one problem as i see it is that there are just too many people out there fighting over the same projects and of course this drives the #'s down, years ago this was a rough business to get into, almost union, you had to have a brother or a very good friend to get through the door, no one ran adds, it was all word of mouth, there were no bucket babies and even then the turn over rate was 1 out of 25 and then came the big push back in 95-96 and companies were hiring anyone, not only that they would take some one, (out of desperation) make them a forman after 2 months and this affected the quaility of the work, bottom line, you now have the market flooded with all these wanna bee's that expect top pay for ****ty work, I really think this slow down is good for the business, it's a buyers market for the MSO's, pick only the cream of the crop for what little work there is out there and let's try this again and I'm sure once the slim has been skimmed off the pond the prices will go up, in my opinion, most of the MSO's have learned by their mistakes, once you have quaified men giving you a top product, the prices will go up, but if they continue to drive the prices down and keep hiring off the black list, I only have one word for you, deversify.
it's easyer to ask for forgiveness than permission
This is CABL.com posting #108033. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mCgD
Posted in reply to: Need info from (real) old timers by CABLE PHILOSOPHER
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Need info from (real) old timers samtron2 5/31/2003 11:07:00 AM