Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Time Warner problems;does anyone else have it

WoW !! I worked in that market for 7 + years , and never was the drop completion window that short . I was involved in every aspect of underground . Re-Build , New Construction , Maintennance , drops ,main-line ,power supplies , duct systems , etc.,etc. . The only time any thing got put on the short track was after customer complaint and threat of litigation , outages ( of course ) , dangerous situations with possibile liabilities , in-house favors and political motivation , and , possible FCC violations .
Any other time that there was a noticible decrease in the completion window for an undetermined length of duration , it usually occurred for just a few possible reasons . 1 being managerial scuffiling and one-up-man-ship at the utility company office , 2 the same thing occurring at the prime contractor , or , and this is VERY IMPORTANT , 3 An incident/s has occurred at the contractural agreement level between the Utility Company and the Prime , which has brought the contract into jeapordy . Examples may be such as : Continued poor preformance and sub-standard work ( Low QC Rating ) , Prolonged Period of Tardy Completion ( Decrease in Production ) , Extensive Log of Customer Complaints ( Negative Public Relations Image ) , etc.,etc. If you have ever laid eyes on a Prime Contract , one might realize the severity of these offenses .
I realize that some favortism occurs , and , occasionally a few palms might have to be greased , but , this transpires the total industry , and cannot happen continuosly in any given location for a prolonged period of time , or , eventually someone will take notice , and a corrective measure normally takes place , accordingly .
I have great respect for the afforementioned company . I also mention I do not believe myself to be unfairly slanted . All companies should strive to obtain excellent reputations , high standards , and , an even higher level of professionalism and ethics . I am not pointing the index finger at any one .
Given your comments about the current situation , and , my own experience and wisdom of that market , if I had to take my best guess as to why it is occurring ; I would venture to say this has occurred due to a ( maybe not so evident ) violation of the contract agreement , which has in turn caused the Contractee to force their hand , to motivate the Contractor back into adherence . Most Companies will allow a brief period for correction and re-evaluation , prior to entering the suspension and/or termination phase of the contract . They normally have contractors waiting off-stage for recruitment and replacement , but , are fair , and offer a warning ( of sorts ) .
If I were wearing your particular set of boots , I would be ALARMED by this sudden change , and , definitely seek as much information as possible . If you have a good and open relationship with the prime , I would start questioning the chain-of-command , starting at your level , until , you reach a satisfactory level of understanding , as to what is truly transpiring . If you have any In-House friends , that you can TRUST , ask them if they are aware of the situation , or know of any particular reason for this sudden decrease of the completion window . You may have allies that you have over-looked . One last word of advise , or suggestion . Even before you set out on your fact finding mission - Cover all your bases , including searching out other oportunities within the industry in your preferred market , and be prepared for the least painless exodus possible , if necessary .
Sometimes it works to our advantage , to stir up Status Quo . We may even find out there is some way to be of help , to allieviate the situation . I hope I haven't caused you great alarm , just concern . Wish you luck , and , don't forget the Boy Scout's Motto ," Be Prepared ! "(shocked)(bigsmile)(wave)(nod)
This is CABL.com posting #107827. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mCdj
Posted in reply to: Time Warner problems;does anyone else have it by TandA20
There is 1 reply to this message