Create your free account now! Sign up

Denver Area Splicers Beware!!!

Any and all beware of Voice, Video, Data, Inc. A so-called prime in the Denver area with no capital top pay subs. I am presently 67 days out on a 30 day out contract. Retainage is out 202 days on a 160 day release date. Have heard every excuse possible from "30 days means 30 business days" M-F. Not in the contract. This is my favorite though "We are holding your check because you have 4 i.d.s to return." Have been willing to exchange i.d. badges for a check for a month now. The funny thing is they never say anything about gigs (which I have copies of the approved gig sheets).
Tom Gilbert, Dan Watkins, Scott Adams are all individuals to run like hell from. Only thing you will recieve from them is a good story. This company has zero in-house people so once you sign their contract you are their in-house people. Of course, once you committ to a prime in Denver, If you leave you must wait 60 days before any other prime in the area can hire you. These "gentlemen" will tell you anything, truthful or not to get you here and then just not pay you. Doesn't even matter if it's in the contract or not. What recourse do you have except file a mechanics lien against Comcast and never work in cable again?? At this point I am ready to risk it.
Once again avoid Voice, Video, Data, Inc. represented by TOM GILBERT DAN WATKINS SCOTT ADAMS or you will regret the outcome.
Be safe and stay on them sticks.
Rodney P. Mayeaux
RPM Communications, Inc.(smokin)
This is CABL.com posting #106354. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mBPy
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Denver Area Splicers Beware!!! 67 SS 8/18/2003 6:06:00 PM
Re: Denver Area Splicers Beware!!! WeeWah 5/15/2003 9:39:00 AM
Re: Denver Area Splicers Beware!!! xtx2 5/13/2003 10:02:00 PM