Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Does anyone sweep anymore???

Hey RF. I feel for you. i have done several years of inhouse service tech work. theres never enough time or personel. they are to busy waisting money on the rebuilds across the country to actually invest into whats already done and running. kinda leaves the guys holding the bag that make that system there home.
what sucks is its a catch 22 because if you had more time to sweep you could locate problems long before they turn into fires, at least in some cases. the ingress will always be a headache even more if your not running a trapped system. as well sweep could make ingress less of a headache to start with.
that alone is a issue i will not get into now but if i ever buy you guys out lol ill assure you it would be alot better.
if they decide to pay me 20 million a year to be a ceo im pretty sure i could do a better job than some of the big boys.
but anyway. i dont know how many techs your running or the size of your system but i would say set aside 1 tech who is willing to learn and the most skilled in your group, offer overtime for weekend work or morning work. or offer him some incentive to hustle instead of the hourly mentality that every inhouse tech has and put him into the worst node 1st and if he can get thru 10 or 12 amps by noon then after lunch pull the slack on trouble calls etc. will take awhile to get anywhere but gotta start somewhere.
myself, as a contractor i am production motivated. therefore i bust my a$$ when production is rolling. possibly you might try to get it approved to hire a maintenance contractor.
find a good subcontractor and stay away from the big greedy primes and your company could save money in the long run, not to mention the added revenue from satisfied customers.
but we all know that somebody up there counting the money sees it different. good luck bro and hey at least you can enjoy a cense of job security. peace(beerchug)
This is CABL.com posting #105234. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mBxu
Posted in reply to: Re: Does anyone sweep anymore??? by RF2Lite2RF
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Does anyone sweep anymore??? RF2Lite2RF 4/30/2003 5:50:00 AM