Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Cable Modem Drop Out

The root of the problem could be a variety of things. I read above about the billing software "Balancing". Yup, that's possibility. I'm reading about SNR Ingress/Egress both in and out of the QUAM/QPSK frequency. These are great points to ponder fer shere...

Has anyone pinged the CModem and run a network diagnostic? That may save plenty of time. What version of DOCSIS is being run if at all your modems/network is DOCSIS enabled? Is the return signal screaming (>46dB) thus possibly amplifying ambient noise floor et al? The questions are abundant.

Are your system operations noting a trend in the Node area like stated by someone on an earlier comment? If not, could the D/R-IP address be not holding if you're not running static IP? How about the CMTS/Transceivers in your Headend? The Card bank?

If this problem persists I suggest that you organize a process to which you can start ruling out the easy stuff. Document all and definitely ask the people around you, at the system, and the active/CModem vendors etc.

What do the constellations look like on the BERT or MERT tests?
Are your patterns in tact or spread out?

Good luck and when you resolve your issue I hope that you share with all.....

Zoots

Zoots Alures - Minds are like parachutes. They don't work if they ain't open {Fz}
This is CABL.com posting #103007. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mAXz
Posted in reply to: Re: Cable Modem Drop Out by Joe50
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Cable Modem Drop Out Danno22 4/4/2003 7:10:00 PM