Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Am I a Employee Or Sub-Contractor??????

This is the hardest part of the whole fight: proving you are an employee. The companies will fight with all their money and power and backing of the other major cable companies out there with their over paid high dollared attorneys (which do not understand what is involved with cable and how it gets into their homes) I contacted the wage and hour divison in Indiana and it basically doesnt want anything to do with contractors, and if you are paying your own taxes and insurance they clairify you as self-employed! Now the catch is, the IRS has a schedule that one can use that list 20 items and we meet at least 12 that says this company was an employer. This is a never ending battle and its hard to fight alone. I believe the practice of subcontracting should not be allowed even though my husband is a veteran of 16 years as a sub, it is not secure for any of us. Pay the people what they are worth and give us the benefits of an employee and you would see that cable industry that once was.(angel)
This is CABL.com posting #102512. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mAPA
Posted in reply to: Re: Am I a Employee Or Sub-Contractor?????? by Clint Eastwood
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Am I a Employee Or Sub-Contractor?????? CableJoeX 3/30/2003 9:35:00 AM