Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Ingress suppression on General Instrument

Sounds like the typical 19mhz hump that was fixed with a RPC peaker back in 2000. They made a newer version board in the amp that corrected that issue.In 2002 they came up with the 870hmz ergonomic and they used up their surplus boards and instead of fixing the problem before it went out the door they sent it out and told the customer to change their spec. It seems ATT was the only one to my knowledge to hound them about this issue, Thus the JXP-RPC (927703-003-00) was made.
It doesn't compensate for the 5-6mhz suckout that occurs also with the same hump. But I could be wrong and it would be better if you posted a shot of what it looks like.

> Hello guys. I've been doing ingress suppression for a few weeks. I've been having problems with some LEs putting off noise that I can't seem to find where the hell its coming from. Its a litte chunk of noise around 20 mhz or so, about 15 mhz wide. Its there on the return input, the return output. Even on the return output when you pull the return in/out pads. I tried putting new modules in, checked grounding, changed return hybrids, nothing seems to get rid of the noise. Maybe I should post a picture of it, I have it saved in my meter. Am I the only one whos seen this?
>
>
This is CABL.com posting #96280. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mzc4
There are 0 replies to this message