Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: input return levels for Jerrold sx550 & jlx550

Just think of a square box from: 5 to 40 MHz at the input of all amplifier and NODE.  on the system. The level of this square box should be + 15 to + 20 dBmV, I like + 15 dBmV which is closer to the real life. Remember this box is from 5 to 40 MHz, and is actually situated at the right of the amplifier and NODE, looking at them from the front. You must add the test point loss, which I belive to be 20 dB test point on these amp. Then the level at the output (return) should be + 35 dBmV if you selected + 15 dBmV level. If you have a 30 dB multitap at the output of the amp. or NODE, then the output of a cablemodem connected to this multitap should have for operating level. 15 + 30 (loss multitap) + 1.37 dB (loss of 100 feet of RG-6 @ 40 MHz) + eitheir (loss of 2 way splitter or 6 dB coupler), = (15+30+1.37+4.5 (splitter) = 50.87 dBmV out of the cablemodem. DOCSIS cablemodem are capable of + 58.0 dBmV in QPSK and + 55.0 dBmV in 16 QAM. With these level you should have a good wwindow in case of INGRESS or return  NOISE. Hope this help. 

Joe 50
This is CABL.com posting #95962. Tiny Link: cabl.co/my7W
There are 0 replies to this message