Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: design calculator

Nice Job, I would be interested in a copy when you get it done.

> Like SpongeBob, I've had a system built using Excel 'cept it is geared more towards tap and feeder applications. It's all set up to resemble a block diagram and is really idiot proof.
> All you have to do is choose cable type you're working with,load system or actual levels at start, for instance an amp or L.E. output, type in cable footage, tap or d.c. values and it will give you dB loss per span, insertion loss and expected tap output at EVERY tap, not just EOL and it is so much easier to use than "other" freebies I've tried. I'm still working some of the other aspects into it like voltage drop, current etc..
> This is an excellent little deal to have on a laptop in the field. I've used it to verify levels against a design that looked suspicious and I've used it for simple re-design issues that would normally have to wait for an engineer to get to and approve..and it works every time, it's been within + or - .4 dB of Truevance and Butler design that I've tested it against.
> I don't have copies that I will send out at this time however I'd like to know if there would be a lot of interest in it or not. Note that this sample is incomplete but ya get the idea. e-mail (-REDACTED-)
My web Page http://cablejobs.netfirms.com
This is CABL.com posting #94988. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mySe
Posted in reply to: design calculator by Cabledouche
There are 0 replies to this message