Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Question about modem installation

I agree that sometimes the installer can get stuck "fixing" things that appear to be out of the context of the task description.However,the cold hard fact, is that if you want to get paid for the job, you will have to leave the customer with a working product. Something that might come in handy is to have copies of some of the operating systems with you( customer's rarily can find their copy)..This way, you can re-install the operating system in hopes that the necessary drivers get loaded...etc... Sometimes, Windows 98 is not compatible with your NIC...etc.. or the operating system was somehow corrupted when the customer first loaded it.

> you should be able to solve most problems its hacks that are not certified on pc's driving the prices down subs can hook up cable boxes their not out there contacting sorry just a thought
>
> > I am interested in more info regarding modem installation. I have done a very few which were just a piece of cake, that is they were pretty much plug 'n play but the critical thing I wanna know is just how far into a machine is a contract installer expected to go? I have no problem with installing cards or adapters it's the software or operating system files that I get skittish about. I observed an installer hooking up RoadRunner to a machine and the Windows 98 system was apparently missing files that were needed for the modem to work properly. At what point is an installer expected to concede and walk away?
> > Like I say, I've done a couple Powerlink installs (Adelphia) but the majority of the work in Central Fl is Time Warner.
> > Any exp. or info would be appreciated
This is CABL.com posting #94878. Tiny Link: cabl.co/myQs
Posted in reply to: Re: Question about modem installation by mdcable
There are 0 replies to this message