Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: need info on how to propose a bid

> You must be a new Contractor if you don't know how to place a bid or what pricing is competitive. Go to my web site in my profile the first one and go to the link for budgets and you will get an Idea of what kinds of overhead to consider, your bid price will be based on your over head, pay, and profit. I do have some recent rates for installs if you want to e-mail me from my web site.(snipper)
> To propose a bid is very simple. Find out what there rates are, go with their rates. Take out overhead thats lights secretary supervisors blah blah blah truck costs (don't forget repairs) gas. Liability of workers on the job messing someones yard or whatever up. Basically what you are doing is taking your price you are getting quoted and knock off 60 percent pay your workers 40 percent for their own trucks tools and insurance. Don't skimp on the price because aint noone making any money. The only way you make money on installs is if you do mdu's post wire at 10 dollars a drop then you might make some money. But you are still paying liabilities and you are still have to have a 2 million dollar umbrella that not only covers you and every thing you touch. Accidents are a dime a dozen and they will hit you with every dime you've got. Now installs is a booming business. Make sure you've got the right insurance. Good Luck
> > I am a contractor looking to propose a bid for installs on a cable plant in the works. I would like to know what are fair bids to cover overhead(payroll)/profit.Any tips are appreciated.(usa)
This is CABL.com posting #94693. Tiny Link: cabl.co/myNt
Posted in reply to: Re: need info on how to propose a bid by spongebob
There are 0 replies to this message