Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Need help!!!!!

I do have an attorney. The problem is that the attorney's are not informed well enough of the cable industry to know if the company in question is in fact being truthful about the industry standards. This company is saying he was not an employee he was taking a personal day, and out of the goodness of his heart was driving from Wichita to Ok City to pick up ladder racks. He also had a company check in his possession at the time of the accident. The owner of the company went to the crash site picked up the check and sent someone the next day for those racks. We'er trying to find out what the idustry standard is for a small company that has 8-10 installers but also uses one of those installers as a foreman over the crew. He was paid a lump sum of $200.00 per week for what the term inventory/routing. Thank you for your info.

ldywrglr

> In short you need an attorney for personal injury, Weather your husband was a sub or an employee may not matter since he was on personal business for the company and not an assigned work order. Also it dose not matter weather the company he worked for paid in to workers comp or not as long as they were withholding or required to pay you can still collect from the state workers comp fund and the state must go after the company for unpaid fees. If you need some attorney info e-mail me from my profile and I will give you a web site to search by state. As far as paying an attorney personal injury attorneys collect there money from what they collect for you so you don't need to pay up front.
> I am sorry to here of your loss and hope this will help.
>
> > I'm need some info about how small cable instillation company's with 10 or fewer employees are ran. My ex-husband was employeed with a small company in 2000 when he was killed in a auto accident in March of 2000. Our daughter at the time was three. He was working as a installer but also handled the routing, disbursment of routes, picking up of cable and other related materials from Cox. He was in route to Ok City to pick-up ladder racks from Jack's Rack's there in Ok City. The company he was employeed by was withholding work comp and liability insurance from his check, but when we filed a death loss claim they stated he was an independant contractor without any benefits and they refused to pay anything through their work comp insurance. This company has not even sent me his final check, appariently he never got a chance to cash it. Please help us to find out any information that would help our case, as you can see we have been fighting for her benefits for three years now. Thank you for taking the time to read this and for any help you may give us.
> >
> > ldywrglr
This is CABL.com posting #94578. Tiny Link: cabl.co/myLC
Posted in reply to: Re: Need help!!!!! by spongebob
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Need help!!!!! spongebob 1/16/2003 7:05:00 PM