Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Suing another sub or prime

Yes maybe I shouldn't be so trusting. I try to look at the good in everyone. Like I said, I worked for this company befor, I dont want to reveal this company or the guy I was working for because there probably reading this. But I will tell you that they are a very big multi-million dollar company and everyone would know or recogonize this company. There not a joe blow prime. I did feal they were running a mickey mouse opperation with this last job because they didn't even have there state license for this new job, that is why its being backed up till the 5th of Febuary. Its hard to check refrences, background ect. when your 1700 miles away from home. You need money, you need to work, so sometimes I guess you learn from those mistakes. I have met alot of splicers on the road and there tired of getting played with too. The prime tells you the jobs going to start on this day, it should start on that day. If the job doesn't thats not your fault, they need to pay down time, hours or something.
This has happened on a few other jobs,different sircumstances in witch I think we have all gone through one time or another. I just feel we don't have to take it. They should have to pay for there mistakes, they expect us to pay if we make a mistake. Thats what retanage is for right....It should be a two way street. Thanks for everones advise(clap)(thumbup)(argue)

> Thought I would just add on to my other message and let you know that burning other people financially seems to be the thing anymore in this business. My husband was running a cable business for a guy and my husband who's too nice was using our VISA to cover this guy's company expenses. Apparently he couldn't get a VISA so it was convenient to use ours. This guy was getting into drugs too much and we had to get away so we did and got on our own, he never paid us for the last $5,000 in expenses or the last couple of paychecks. It's too much expense for Small Claims so we're in District Court on our own (w/o an attorney). We have a Pre-trial conference next month. We're taking all our documentation and see what happens. Also, we are now running our own company, a guy we gave cash advances to never came back after the holidays like he said he would, so why should I get burned? He owes us $600.00 so I just sent him a letter today asking for the money within 30 days, then I'll take him to Small Claims. Hey, maybe we got to learn by experience, but why sit and take it?
>
> > Does anyone have any advice of what I can do? I was told by a sub-contractor that a job would be starting 1-2-03, that it was going to be a big paying job. I would be making a 1000 a day. I travel to be there, pay for hotel, gas, food. Im ready to start then they tell me not till wednesday (1-8-03). I wait till wednesday, then they say not till Monday (1-13-03). I drive 13 hours back home to be with my 8 month preganat wife, drive back up there and now they say it wont start till 2-5-03.
> > Can I do anything about lost wages, gas, food, hotel (2 nights).... I could of been looking for other jobs. They didnt offer to pay for anything.
> > Any advice or similar occurances please respond. Thanks(cussing)(nono)(splat)
This is CABL.com posting #94529. Tiny Link: cabl.co/myKP
Posted in reply to: Re: Suing another sub or prime by optimisticwife
There are 0 replies to this message