Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Suing another sub or prime

If you have a contract with them and a promise of work with a stated start date in righting you may be able to file a claim in small claims court with a 50/50 shot of winning then there is the collecting of the money that will require another suit. If the money is less that 2000.00 or you cant file your self it is probably not worth going after. If you were an employee and not a sub you would have other forms of action available to you. The best advice I can give to you is any time you are going to sub from some one get business references bank references and personal references from the just as if you were extending credit to them because actually that is what you are doing. Take the time to check the references out and use forums like this one to see what there reputation is. I hope this helps.

> Does anyone have any advice of what I can do? I was told by a sub-contractor that a job would be starting 1-2-03, that it was going to be a big paying job. I would be making a 1000 a day. I travel to be there, pay for hotel, gas, food. Im ready to start then they tell me not till wednesday (1-8-03). I wait till wednesday, then they say not till Monday (1-13-03). I drive 13 hours back home to be with my 8 month preganat wife, drive back up there and now they say it wont start till 2-5-03.
> Can I do anything about lost wages, gas, food, hotel (2 nights).... I could of been looking for other jobs. They didnt offer to pay for anything.
> Any advice or similar occurances please respond. Thanks(cussing)(nono)(splat)
My web Page http://cablejobs.netfirms.com
This is CABL.com posting #94472. Tiny Link: cabl.co/myJU
Posted in reply to: Suing another sub or prime by splicing101
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Suing another sub or prime splicing101 1/15/2003 2:05:00 PM