Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: AM Broadband--Still waiting

Why are they still the prime? I don't know AM Broadband but I'll bet my belt that it's the same old thing. Buddies and Money. This industry is built on the backs of working guys like us. The cable companies and contractors figured out 25 yeas ago it was cheaper to rent labor. Give us a taste of good pay and then slam the door as soon as in inhouse hacks could manage the job. As more and more crooks slid into contracting, backed by the 80's telecom investment money WE allowed them to dictate all the terms just to get a days work.
I've seen the payoffs in Chicago when it was TCI, I've seen Prince Telecom promise the moon (install go-backs until 9pm!!!!)and then just dump on the REAL workers. As far as not getting paid...same thing, WE allow them to tell us when we will get paid.
The reality is you have to get professional about the business. You have to read AND understand the contract you sign. Better yet, have your own contract that specifies pay dates and PENALTIES for late pay (see a lawyer, it's worth it).You have to be ready to start legal action as soon as the excuses start. Be ready to got after the system (I once put a lien on 250 houses in Redondo Beach, Ca. for non-pay on installs). As independent contractors we will always be taken advantage of - deal with it. But have the balls to walk away from a job when the prime wants all the cards. I'd rather pass on a job than do it and not get paid...same result, right? You are in an unregulated labor pool- full of hacks, drunks, liers, and untrained idiots...all ready to do the job cheaper. If you want to play - find a good contractor, do excellent work, don't whine, and hang on to him as long as you can.

> Can someone tell me why AM Broadband Inc, can still have the prime in Pittsburgh ? After all, we only traveled 550 miles, provided quality splicing, all nodes signed off by AM Broadband services Inc and Still have not been paid. We even provided hourly help to the south side, witch is a mess! Usually they say " you didnt do your GIGS " except when they finally gave us third party Gigs, we drove 550 mile to Pitt, and did the gigs that they had! So there running out of excusses. Back to the ? why are they still prime,and those that actually do the work right, have to continue to work for companies with shinny trucks and shinny people. You Know why those trucks are shinny because ? Lets let the expert answer that one. Sorry they probably don't know so I'll give them a hint. because you dont ******* work. And you don,t have to when you screw over your subs. With all said hopfully things change @ AM broaadband and thats what we here so good luck. This is the truth, just would appreciate an answer,and my money.
>
This is CABL.com posting #94174. Tiny Link: cabl.co/myE6
Posted in reply to: AM Broadband--Still waiting by AMONCMAN
There are 0 replies to this message