Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Comcast to use just two contractors...

This is true; for the major one's. The smaller one's are still down by local contractors.

> You are correct in that they will be utilizing more contract labor however, to reduce overall capital expenditures in upgrading the former T.C.I/A.T.&T. properties, their EVP and treasurer John Alchin in a recent Credit Suisse Conference apparently stated their intention to use only two (link to story is provided below) contractors for the entire A.T.&T. property upgrade initiative in 2003. One might just assume from this stance that prospective subs would have two basic options: "cheap and cheaper." This would inevitably wipe out a few more qualified small and mid-sized contracting outfits and encourage increased migration of talented help toward the satellite industry or elsewhere.
>
> http://www.kagan.com/archive/cableworld/2002/12/16/cwd02121606.shtml >
>
> > Definitely 300+ in the Bay...3500 nationwide...no surprise, we all know how efficient ATT is...Comcast are NOT stupid. Thing is they are pushing up all work for the coming year, just means they are contracting more of it.....an opportunity.
> >
> > > 450 people are gone. Engineering gone. In house Const. Cut 67%
> > > Managers gone. Upgrade people gone. Your are next.(bigsmile)
> > >
> > > > A few days have passed someone must know by now?
> > > > For one I would like to find out. How many, who
> > > > and what impact if any on overall picture?
> > > >
> > > > > Word has it that 305 employees were let go and Construction took the biggest hit. All second-hand info.
> > > > >
> > > > > > Can anyone tell me what happened in the Bay area yesterday as far as the in house jobs are concerned? Was management/mid management/the field people affected or all of the above? What does the future hold?
This is CABL.com posting #94013. Tiny Link: cabl.co/myCv
Posted in reply to: Re: What happened Comcast in the BAY AREA yesterda by cdnsplicer
There are 0 replies to this message