Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: trap swap

Tough room.

> You are correct. Point taken. However I am not part of the division that does drop buries, I install phone systems and computer networks. It would have served me well to ask my fellow employees, first. I do appreciate you explaining what a trap swap is. If it will make you feel better (referring to the rookies and fly-by-nights comment), I will not be doing any work related to this. I just heard a term I wasn't familiar with. Thanks again.
>
> >
> > I'll tell you what a trap swap is, but first a piece of advice. Your screen name info shows you're listed as a communications company, so folks here will assume you are looking for contract work. In fact, you are trying to hire drop bury crews right now. Anybody that doesn't have the knowledge base in cable to know what a trap swap is probably has no business trying to present themselves as cable contractors. The people on here have been burned by rookies and fly-by-nights posing as legitimate companies, who when their lack of experience or kinowledge causes them to botch a project just fade off into the night, leaving the workers in a pretty tough way. Posting a question about one of the most basic terms in cable is not a problem, and many would be kind enough to answer it straight if you weren't presenting yourself as a communications company, and thus, at least somewhat of an expert. ------- That said, a trap swap is a project that consists of removing traps (channel filters -- those little cylinders that you find on some drops in a plant that uses traps instead of set top boxes) from drops and sometimes replacing these with traps of another number. This is mainly due to a channel lineup change within the system. I'm leaving out several variations and details, but you get the main idea. Good luck to you.
This is CABL.com posting #93711. Tiny Link: cabl.co/myxD
Posted in reply to: Re: trap swap by NextWave
There are 0 replies to this message