Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: 2003 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You know how it goes, I remember that mess, I went down to Monroe to try to help out, that's when I first met Gary, but it was far too little too late, I my opinion 2 things happened, firs(usa)t they sent down piss poor management, Larry Davis could talk the talk but that was about it, when I first heard he was going down to head up a project I knew we were in trouble, nothing against Larry it's just that he didn't have the experience required for the position, don't know enough about the TWC thing over in MB but I do know how TWC works, do you know Ted Gillis? (I think that's how you spell it) I like the guy, he got tossed into a world of sh** and did his best to handle it, he was a clasic case of the middle man between the north and the south, that was the other point I wanted to bring up, WMCC came down there with the attitude "we don't give a sh** how you do it down here" there's a fine line you walk when you come into some one elses stomping grounds, granted, you are the prime, but I believe there should have been alittle more flexability as far as procedure was concerned, but this is just my opinion, I wasn't around from the start so I don't know all the details, I could feel the friction though and for the short time I was down there I did learn a few things, One thing That Ted said to me one day that I think summed the whole thing up, "You can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh**!"

> I read your posting and before I realized who had written it, I was thinking that sure sounds right,reminded me of the worst I ever saw it get broke off in a Prime,that happened to be the MTN.,in MBSC for time warner.I think they went back a year.In my book the MTN. had been doing a good job.Politics,who's to blame.We all know who generally wins that battle anyway.Seems to me I remember you writing this.Show me a manager that doesn't know the field and I'll show you a project with problems.Words well spoken.Glad to see primes that know what the lick is,and I thank God for those primes that have the money to pay when they haven't been paid.Thanks for the responses and for the additional input Gentlmen.I hope 2003 is a good year for everyone. "WHITFIELD" (usa)(sunny)
it's easyer to ask for forgiveness than permission
This is CABL.com posting #93516. Tiny Link: cabl.co/myuu
Posted in reply to: Re: 2003 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> by deleted
There are 0 replies to this message