Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: PRIME CONTRACTOR SEEKS INSTALLERS

I read the string and the prices.
I must agree with the angry person. Sorry.
If you take a contract for less than what the value is worth you not only hurt your self you hurt the people that contract under you and the industry as a whole.
It starts from the top down. The MSO should never have accepted a contract for so little money. They may think that less is better but the quality of work received and customer satisfaction will be less along with the money.
Then it comes to the Prime. You're responsible for providing an acceptable service to the MSO. For such low rates this will not happen and you will bring the rates of the other company down around you. I know it sounds counter productive but in some instances it is better to refuse a contract. This is one of those cases.
The final responsibility falls on the people doing the actual work. We the sub-contractors; when we take a contract for money that is equal or less than in house positions we are no longer contractors. We are slaves to our own ignorance.
Just another miss placed message.
Thanks
Arthur

>
>
> >
> >
> > > Listen man,if you have some sort of a problem just call me, you have my number.Remeber you called it yesterday and the day before.You asked for the prices and I sent them to you and I agreed that they were not that great and even said I would talk to the owner about helping them a bit since you were talking about bring a lot of trucks in,so what is this all about? It is your choice to accept or not,you are not the only one in this country that can do installs and there are alot of others that are hungry like us that will work instead of sitting around and letting our bills go and our families go hungry. You don't have to be a self serving slanderer, that won't even leave a name or number under your profile.Also to everyone else I am sorry for improperly placing this response I know it is in the wrong catagory. And yes we are the prime on that contract and we take what they give us at least we are working. Every little bit helps to the greater cause.Prices are not what they used to be and one can only hope that by doing the good job starting out it will lead to more work and better money.Thank you have a good day.(usa)
> > >
> > > > I reckon to think you're not the prime. You'll never get people to travel for $5.00 reconnects and $3.00 Additional Outlets, and $10 for a modem installation.
> > > >
> > > > So you're either not the prime, or one of the hack contractors that underbid everyone by 50% so you finally got your own contract, which in turn helps drive everyone else's prices down.
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > I've seen the prices on this contract. If you're the prime, you got screwed.
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Prime Contractor seeks professional installers for long term work in Oklahoma.
> > > > > > > > Work to begin the 2nd week of January 2003.
> > > > > > > > Analog,Digital,Modem & Telephony.
> > > > > > > > A proven track record is a must.
> > > > > > > > References will be required and checked.
> > > > > > > > Pay will be 14 days out,then weekly after that.
> > > > > > > > Prices are competitive.
> > > > > > > > Contractors please have all your tools,ladders and insurance.
> > > > > > > > Please have a vehicle that is in good shape not all beat up and rusted.
> > > > > > > > Please respond by email to (-REDACTED-) (-REDACTED-) (-REDACTED-) or (-REDACTED-)
> > > > > > > > All response's will be returned within 72 hours.
> > > > > > > > Please be sure to include a first and last name with a number that is working and the best time to call back.
> > > > > > > > Thank you....Merry Christmas and Happy New Year(usa)(santa)
This is CABL.com posting #93097. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mynJ
Posted in reply to: Re: PRIME CONTRACTOR SEEKS INSTALLERS by CoaxCowboy
There are 0 replies to this message