Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Peter gunn

Hello Eyebolt,

Yes, indirectly.  I was working Off-shore Oil Rigs out of Louisianna and Texas,  building Cable in Houston, Beaumont, Austin, and San Antonio through the eighties.  But, I also had a few Dance-hall girls working in the clubs from Lafayette, Louisianna- Houston, Texas- San Antonio,Texas- and the Dallas/Fort Worth area.   Somewhere about 1982 or '83 we were on the Phil Donohue Show at a Club in Dallas.  I think it was called RICK's.  I can't remember the name now.  In the clubs  I went by the name TwoGunn, but the Oil-field and Cable everyone called me Pete.  I think I ended up in Beaumont about 83 til 85, or so.  I think Comco might have been in Beaumont, or I might have ran into Comco in Crosby Texas, up near Houston.  I am barely able to remember all of it.  I never worked for Comco, but I was on a couple of the same jobs, I believe.  The Contractor always referred to us as the 'Mississippi boys or crew'  cause of our liscense plates, I think.  Never did ask why, I was happy no one knew where we were from back then.  For a good while all of us had some very attractive 'MowHawk' hairdo's!!!  you know them were a challenge to sport around in them bars back then!!!  We were called the 'road warriors' during them days.

Man, you have me thinking and re-thinking, now...shoooo!  Them were the days, my friend!  I did locate, map, design, sell and build a few systems down there, too.   One of them was bought by Buford Television out of Tyler, Texas and it surrounded the Beaumont TCI plant.  My last tap was within three hundred feet of TCI's!!!  We sowed that town up, TCI  has to buy that system before the expand anywhere.  haha!  We came all the way up from Winnie through White Cheek and Black Cheek, Raysville, Crawford (I think) and another town or two, having another bit of difficulty here recollect'in.  All part of drug withdrawal, I guess!  I don't remeber having trouble remembering back when I did drugs....go figure!!!   I had a Forty-two Knuckle-head with a stretched springer, and part of the time I rode a 57 straight leg, with a 67 shovel-head on it, and it had a stock springer front-end.  I totalled a 76 Sportster when I T-boned a 78 Oldsmobile in Louisianna.  They were all painted the same and by the same guy...me!  They were all flat black and chrome, never have been to creative.  

Well Eyebolt, I hope that jarred afew memories for you.  I think I have just about said everything that won't get me locked up.  Everything else I remember is still classified until a few more of the guilty die.  Partied in the pines with the Vaughan Brothers, ZZ-Top, Johnny and Edgar Winters.   And for a stretch, I lived on an old wood Chris-Craft Motor Yacht, it was about forty-five feet long and we had it at Lewisville Lake, or Dallas lake, whatever they called it....lotta, lotta livin goin on out there!!

Take good care, Eyebolt, and thanks for asking, it was a pleasure remembering those days, women, and times.  I think I am fix'in to head west now, maybe Colorado, Washington, Utah, Montana,

Here's to this coming year, Bro'....let's own it!!!

Petergunn.

Where there are no alternatives, there is no problem...Petergunn Lookstwice-2001.
This is CABL.com posting #92781. Tiny Link: cabl.co/myiD
Posted in reply to: Peter gunn by eyebolt
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Peter gunn Petergunn 12/27/2002 1:24:00 AM