Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: CATV--->Peter, W.O.A.C.G.----->

Greetings Administration,

How are you doing, today?  You have more knowledge of what is going on here then I do.  I do not fully understand the workings of internet communications.  I think there must be a way to suppress and maybe even squash the problem of complete anonymity.  There are many advantages to having an open forum, and it is mostly in the number of hits or visits.  What I am thinking though is this, maybe there is a market for a 'Member's Only' site.  At the members only site the arguments may still be around, but not the no-name, no-backbone accusations.  This type of site will always be fun and informative, and I can not take that from 'The Bar', for the real people and the real companies I think something a little more formal, with access to the members list, the members phone numbers, and addresses is something that would gain more support and response from many legitimate people and companies who have a more focused idea of making money, sharing wealth, and 'meaning what you say-saying what you mean kind of outlook. 

I would guess all of us have made mistakes and are willing to admit them, deal with the people we have hurt or offended, and try to make better decisions the next time.  I am also aware of a very small percent of people out there who are simply not capable of enjoying success for anyone except themselves.  And it is this small number of incompetents that lurk in the shadows like predators, they post things that are hurtful, usually things they are not even sure of, and have no first hand knowledge of what they are saying.  I will not try to analyze these people who seem to be so envious, or miserable that the only feelings of great-ness they are able to experience is when they are tearing others down, Their gratification is a false sense of accomplishment and soon it is needing fed again.  Most people who are trying in their own lives and are receiving self-gratification from a job well done or an attempt at the job and have given it their best are not as likely to be attacking anyone for their 'false-sense of gratification', in fact, there are many at the 'Bar' who often spend time helping others that they do not even know, and that is what I hate to see suffer.  And suffer it does. 

Anyone who posts regularly is eventually going to be a target by some self-doubting, incompetent human being.   The miserable ones can not help themselves, eventually they will attack someone for the simple reason of 'I am tired of reading, or hearing you.'  In a free-for-all atmosphere, that is fine.  Every one could come here just to start sh** and pick a word fight.  Here at the 'Bar'  it is like we have two separate groups and mixing, and it is not working.  Not for the legitimate people anyway.  The no-namers, and no-backbone individual are not risking or losing a thing, only the honest, forthright, and ones willing to risk have something to lose.   It does not take much thought to see where this will end up in time.

I am suggesting a members forum for the legitimate concerns such as Technical, Companies, ForSale/Wanted, In-House Jobs, Contract Jobs, and Seeking Work.  Leave the rest open forums and enter at your own risk.  The things that truly make a difference where you are  in need of reliable counsel or posts then it should be members only with verifiable phone numbers, addresses, and e-mail add'ys.

Please do not take any of this as criticism, you have a great site here, and I enjoy this place as well as any, Okay?  I also seek like thinkers, and all of my associates are not without blame or guilt in their lives but all have the desire to raise standards of our conduct.  Companies and individuals alike.  I am searching for a way to protect the things that are good in the industry, and hopefully at the same time expose the things that aren't so good.

Thank you for listening.  Thank you for your reply, also, this is where all good change begins, and that is in the diologue and communications from genuinely concerned participants.

I wish the best for you all and your families during the Celebration times of the Winter Solstice and may the years keep getting better for all of us.

Walk in Silence...

Petergunn.

"Where there are no alternatives, there is no problem..."   ---Petergunn Lookstwice, 2001.

Where there are no alternatives, there is no problem...Petergunn Lookstwice-2001.
This is CABL.com posting #92733. Tiny Link: cabl.co/myhR
Posted in reply to: Re: CATV--->Peter, W.O.A.C.G.-----> by Admin
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: CATV--->Peter, W.O.A.C.G.-----> Wife of a cable guy 12/26/2002 1:50:00 PM