Create your free account now! Sign up

ChrisSjoblom

You work for CCI.I am a sub whom used to work for your fine Company last year.You should know times are tough.You had masive layoffs if I am correct.I was offered work through CCI with a massive pay cut as well as CCI is now going to 30 day's.( 7 day's before)
I have been doing this for almost 24 years now.Cable TV has bought me a big house,Helped raise my kids and we were living above average life style.( I work 90 hours plus a week).
Now with a second on the house and no chance to send the kid's to college,this business has let me and my family down.
The 30 day out thing....Name me one profession where a man or woman travels around the country away from his family weeks at a time living in motels and get's paid 30 day's from invoice.(shocked)
Stick with CCI.Your inhouse.They are a great company and if I remember correct after 5 years your entitled to a nice little bonus so be lucky you have work and know when your next check will arrive.(wave)
Take your soapbox send it to me as I may need it to heat the house this year.(rolleyes)

> I'm not trying to be unempathetic, Magi. I understand that there are genuine concerns among the cable contracting community that need some correction, and I do sympathize with those who have been burned. I do believe however, that we all have a lot more responsibility for what happens to us that most are willing to acknowledge. As to the analogy, I follow your point, but it's kind of weak in a few points primarily because the feed mill worker is an in-house employee and not a contractor. Anyway, thanks for the well reasoned and principled response. The posts so far on this topic have been excellent. People speaking their miinds without flaming away at each other. Have a good holiday season, stay warm and work safe.

This is CABL.com posting #91798. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mx2M
Posted in reply to: Re: Here is a little analogy for you ChrisSjoblom. by ChrisSjoblom
There are 0 replies to this message