Create your free account now! Sign up

Bwaaah Haaaa Haaaaaa Haaaaaa

Give us a break man. NOBODY that spells as poorly as you do is a 'big dog'. Capitalism is a great thing. The guys who have the balls to start out with 2 ladders and a truck are to be commended. The market will determine thier survival. You think the real 'big dogs' started out as large companies? I'm sure John Malone agrees with your assesment of the industry.(thumbdn)

> I will ad this. Whats realy hurting this industry is you have a bunch of guys out there starting there own buisness with 2 ladders and a pick up. #1 You all need to stop that!! Leave the jobs to the big dogs and work for the big dogs. If I am not making any sense heres an example.
> 2 guys go out buy 2 ladders and a rust bucket then they call around and claim they have a crew of 20 with equipment so they go to the job theyfuk up and get fired well in all that time a real company could have had that Contract and employed a Starvig Real "Cable Guy". The little stunts tat I just entioned are really hurting our industry. I saythis now you idiots out there that are screwing us big companys wont play that on my green grass. Anyway thats my opinion. I wis everyone well through out the hard times. And for you Rust Bucket hole in the wall so called subs out there/ Their are better ways in this industry to make money its called makig a resume and filling out an application/inhouse/
>
> good luck people
>
> > Amen! Amen! Amen! Hit the f***ing nail right on the peruvial head! I feel your pain, bro!
> >
> > > listen up numbnuts, now is the time for you to consider a career change! get out now while you are still unemployed, run for the hills! pizza hut is always looking for drivers. grocery stores always have groceries that need bagging. go back to school and get your g.e.d, ( or for you two guys who finished high school, get a degree)
> > > ive been doing this crap for 15 years and i always get suckered into thinking the money is good. yeah, ive always made twice what others made, as does any industries top 10% rs make 90% of the money, but face it, supertechs are far and few and chances are you dont have the desire or the fire to survive the continual pay cuts, increasing spec requirements and decreasing pay, and lack of steady work needed to roll with the flow and lick up every available dime. if the lifers are having a tough time making ends meet, you new guys arent going to make it either...and especially with the fact that all the experience is realising this is a dead horse and moving on, your 'leaders' will be the dumbasses that havent figured it out yet.
> > > dont believe me? watch the market reports.this isnt a business with a good future right now. no, cable isnt going anywhere, and people will always be needed to maintain the systems, but who can afford to contract when the prime has his hands down your pants squeezing you for 40 to 60%, (for overhead?...definition of overhead: $1000 a week for the turd doing your route and $1000 rent for the garage you meet in, and maybe 5% to the gov.) do the math, you alone just covered the overhead in 3weeks, what about the other 15 guys kicking 4000 a month into that pool?
> > > the cable company keeps dropping rates to cover their losses, so that gets passed down to the sub.
> > > youve got liability and vehicle insurance, truck payments, gas, in some cases travel expenses, and $1000 meters to pay for, let alone the beny's you should have, but cant afford, ie health insurance, vacation savings, the elusive xmas bonus...and lets not forget workers comp, (if your self employed and have no employees, why are you required to carry something you cant use? you get hurt, who you going to sue? yourself?)
> > > it just isnt worth it anymore, youd be better off working inhouse. (at least you dont have to work as hard, and they have nap time!)
> > > all you guys that feel the need to respond because im probrably just a hack, a loner, and oldballs who cant face change...blow me! im good at what i do, i do my job, above and beyond, im loyal, i use the codes provided to maximize my income and bring EVERY job to spec. and i give the customer more than they paid for. it aint bragging if its the truth...but this old crotch has had enough, and if anybody looks into it, take my advice and get out. youll either thank me, or 3 years from now when you still cant feed your family, youll wish you had listened. maybe if enough people leave this business, we'll create a demand in the future for quality techs, and this business will once again be profitable to be in.
> > > still dont believe me, just read this website for a week. subtract the whiners, wimps and illiterates, and i challenge you to find even a small percent of positives being posted...every thing is negetive! ps..no i wasnt fired today either, ill end the year with some pay, but this time around, i do believe the grass is greener.
This is CABL.com posting #91734. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mx1K
Posted in reply to: Re: YOUR ULTIMATE JOB IS RIGHT HERE!! by SwampKid
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Bwaaah Haaaa Haaaaaa Haaaaaa GlassMechanic 12/15/2002 1:06:00 PM
Re: Bwaaah Haaaa Haaaaaa Haaaaaa matthewj888 12/13/2002 10:08:00 PM